Cooking Cabbage or Bacon? Light a Lampe Berger

Several weeks ago, I received an object that looks like an oversized perfume bottle. The pamphlet inside the box said that the object would remove cooking odors, and freshen stale air. I thought under my breath , "I bet it does" and put it up in the closet.
   Recently I had company over and had to cook a big breakfast with eggs and a lot of bacon in my small condo and thought I would give this perfume like bottle a try--actually it was called a Lampe Berger--a try.
   Not only did it work, but I can't wait to use it again. My wife's sister is a chain smoker and not allowed to smoke in our tiny house. So I tried it again--I mean the Lampe Berger, it worked!
  The leaflet says that its secret for removing unpleasant odors was patented in 1897 by a French pharmacist, Marcel Berger, who "tested the effects of high temperature catalytic combustion as a process for disinfecting hospital rooms."
   No matter how you want to explain the process, the lamp is simple to use. You simply fill the bottle about 1/2 full and insert the wick burner in the lamp and put the solid top on for about 20 minutes.
Once it has soaked for that length of time, you simply put a match to the ceramic top and let it burn with a flame for 20 minutes, then blow out the flame. You let the burner do its thing for about 30 minutes depending on the size of the area. When the odors have disappeared the solid top is again put on the lamp and it is ready for the next time you need it.
  The French have  over 50 fragrances, one for every season and nose to perfume their homes, but one of my favorites is Charleston, a cinnamon, teakwood, and white musk mix.
  Theses wonderful lamps start at about $30.00 and up, and come in many styles. They can be ordered through this website www.lapetitefl.com or call 352-735-8989. The refills for these lamps run $21.00 for a 500ml size, and $36.00 for the liter size.

Comments

  1. You said you keep it lit for 20 minutes... I think you mean 2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Fragrances Coming In Sept. 2012

What should I know about owning a Lampe Berger?